Penny and Tiggy Hedgehog!
This little cutie is a sweet hedgie!! She is a ball of fun! She loves to run on her wheel and to go on long runs down the hall. What a sweetheart!
US Terminology –
- Rd(s) – Round(s)
- MR – Magic RIng
- St(s) – Stitch(s)
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
- Ch – Chain
- Sst – Same Stitch
- The sts in the () are done in the same st
- Spst – Separate Stitches
- The sts in the () are done in separate sts
- Sc – Single Crochet – Normal St
- P – Picot – Ch 4, sl st in the 4th ch from the hook
- Bscp – Brown Single Crochet Picot
- A normal single crochet with a ch 4 picot
- Fsc – Foundation Single Crochet
- Ch 2 (for this pattern you will only ch 1), *insert hook into 2nd ch from hook (into the ch), YO, pull through ch, YO, pull through 1 loop to create the ch, YO, and pull through all 2 loops, repeat from * for the desired number of sts, but insert hook into the ch created before.
- Hdc – Half Double Crochet
- Tc – Triple Crochet
- Inc – Increase
- Dec – Invisible Decrease – Normal St
- In front loops only pick up the next two loops, yarn over, and pull through 2 loops.
- Bdecp – Brown Invisible Decrease Picot
- invisible dec with a ch 4 picot. Make sure all the p are on the outside.
- FO – Fasten Off
- FLO – Front Loop Only – for closing up holes
- Magic Ring Alternative – chain 2 and single crochet in the second chain from the hook.
- This will be crocheted in the round.
- If not specified or in (), repeat to the end of the round.
- Stuff as you go.
Head and Body –
- Rd 21-23: bscp 24, sc 13 (37) (3 rounds)
- Rd 24: bscp 24, sc 2, this is where you will add the 1st long leg, insert your hook through the 1st st of the leg and the next available st on the body doing (sc 3), sc 3 (weaving your ends in as you sc), this is where you will add the 2nd long leg, insert your hook through the 1st st of the leg and the next available st on the body doing (sc 3) (as you continue to crochet weave in ends), sc 2 (37)
- Rd 25-26: bscp 24, sc 13 (37) (2 rounds)
- Rd 27: (bscp 4, bdecp)spst x4, bscp 2, sc, dec, sc 3, dec, sc 3, dec (30)
- Rd 28: (bscp 3, bdecp)spst x4, (sc, dec)spst x2 (24)
- Rd 29: (bscp, bdecp, bscp)spst x 4, sc, dec, sc 2, dec, sc (18) Stuff
- Rd 30: (bscp, bdecp)spst x4, sc, this is where you will add the tail, insert your hook through the 1st st of the tail and the next available st on the body doing (dec, sc), dec (12)
- Rd 31: bdecp 4, dec 2 (6)
- FO, and weave in ends.
Attaching Flower- Sew off to the right side by the ear.
We would love to see each of your parts for all of the patterns! Make a post on Instagram and tag us at @crochetwizzardcal. When you do that we will share your post in our stories for all to enjoy with you! Make sure you keep coming back here for each of the different parts for all of the patterns! Use this hashtag to share your different parts, #springhassprungcal!
Make a post in the group with your finished Part! We love having our feed filled with the different Ami’s of the CAL, so fill our feed!! Make sure you make a new post. Use this hashtag to share your different parts, #springhassprungcal!
At the end of the CAL there will be a Giveaway! so make sure that you make all 4 Ami’s so you can join the Giveaway at the end!!
Make sure you are following all of the designers to stay in on the know for all of their fun things! @crochetwizzard, @mikadocutes, and @pocketyarnlings.
Here are some of the upcoming events on the books for our designers so far! @crochetwizzard has an amazing CAL coming up on March 9th in the Facebook group, Crochet-A-Long with Us! This will be a Luck of the Irish Fluttering CAL! So make sure you join this group! In April she will probably have a solo CAL she hasn’t decided what the theme is. She also does CAL’s every month so make sure you are following the CrochetWizzard for all her fun. All 3 of the designers are always coming out with new designs, so make sure you are following all of them! So stay tuned for all of these amazing events coming up!