This little cutie was inspired by the song Favorite Things from the movie, The Sound of Music. It is part of that Favorite Things collection. This is such a fun and bright little guy! Enjoy!
Do not sell, reproduce, or change the pattern itself in any way! You are welcome to sell your completed products, just make sure to refer to me as the designer! Please make sure to tag me.
- Worsted weight yarn
- Purple and black thread
- Hook size 3.5mm (E)
- 6mm Safety Eyes or an alternative form of eyes
- Stitch Marker
- Tapestry Needle
- Rd(s) – Round(s)
- MR – Magic Ring
- St(s) – Stitch(es)
- Sl St – Slip Stitch
- Ch – Chain
- Sc – Single Crochet
- Inc – Increase
- Fp – Front Post
- to start the sc instead of inserting like normal you will insert around the post going in from the front.
- Bp – Sc Back Post
- to start the sc instead of inserting like normal you will insert around the post going in from the back.
- FO – Sc Fasten Off
- Magic Ring Alternative – chain 2 and single crochet in the second chain from the hook.
- This will be crocheted in the round.
- If not specified or in (), repeat to the end of the round.
Rd 1: sc 6 in MR
Rd 2: inc (12)
Rd 3: sc, inc (18)
Rd 4-10: sc around (18) (7 rounds)
FO and insert eyes between rds 7 and 8, 4 sts apart and add the mouth between the eyes.
Rd 1: sc 8 in MR
Rd 2-5 sc around (8) (4 rounds)
Rd 6: take the first piece and sc around it and continue around the second piece (26)
Rd 7: sc 20, dec 2, sc 2 (24)
Rd 8: sc, dec, sc 21 (23)
Rd 9: sc, dec, sc 20 (22)
Rd 10: sc, dec, sc 19 (21)
Rd 11: fp, bp Skip last st (20)
Rd 12: fp, bp, sl st in next st, ch 12, sl st in same st to make a loop (20 sc) Loop is optional.
FO and sew in ends.
I would love to see your pictures! Please tag me in your pictures.
@crochetwizzard #crochetwizzard! #warmwoolenmitten #crochetmittens
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me! You can direct message me on Facebook or Instagram at @crochetwizzard or email me at email@example.com